IoT based Smart Umbrella System using Raspberry Pi
This project is to develop a smart umbrella system using IOT, which can measure rainfall and it can predict the weather condition with the notion in your smartphone. It’s about the real-time weather condition and it can be designed using Raspberry Pi.
10 in stock
This paper presents the development of a smart umbrella system using IOT, which can measure rainfall and it can predict the weather condition with the notion in your smartphone. It’s about the real-time weather condition. In this project, you are going to learn about how to make a smart umbrella using IOT that will be connected to Wi-Fi. It can notify you before about the climate by giving audio output of the weather conditions. Which is being implemented using the smart sensor like humidity sensor, temperature sensor, Light sensor which will act as Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) and are connected to a single board computer i.e. Raspberry pi which will store all the sensor data using SPI protocol and will send it to the server from where we can get the update of the weather condition at the place you are. A software i.e. ESPEAK will be useful which will give the audio output of the weather condition with a buzzer alert if any unconditional weather. A webpage in made where all the weather conditions will be updated and can be used or can be connected to any device to know the status of that area.
Step towards the digital world, main factor of many industry is to predict the climatic changes, here we are using IoT for monitoring the weather as well as atmospheric changes throughout the time by using a smart E-Umbrella which will tell the weather condition as audio output and buzzer alert in unconditional weather to indicate if we have to take our smart umbrella with us or not.
In the existing system, all weather prediction and environmental change are done manually and people are using some websites or cloud to know the weather condition of a particular city not even area.
In this proposed system, both sensors and weather forecasting ESPEAK module is used in order to give perfect weather condition as audio throughout the whole time which is very important and a step towards the digital world where we don’t have to depend on any in built cloud or website to know the weather status.
BLOCK DIAGRAM DESCRIPTION
- In this project MCP3008 is used, so connect 3.3v pin from raspberry to all sensors
- Similarly MCP3008 and all sensor’s ground pins should be grounded
- Now connect sensor’s output pins to each channels of MCP3008 (ex: LM-35 to channel 0, LDR to channel 1 and Moisture sensor to channel 2 of MCP3008)
- Connect power supply for Raspberry pi
- Plug the HDMI cable in Raspberry pi from the monitor using VGA to HDMI converter cable
- Connect USB Mouse and USB keyboard to the Raspberry pi
- Connect Audio output jack to listen the weather condition.
- Raspberry Pi
- Temperature (LM 35)
- Moisture Sensor
- MCP3008(ADC IC)
- SD card
- Raspbian Jessie
- HTML & PHP
- Language – Linux
- Above figure shows the output of the sensor parameters as well as the current weather report as well as upcoming weather report.
- In this system, if there is possibilities of rain it is intimated through the audio output and in any unconditional weather (like thunderstorm, high temperature etc.) it will give a alert with the buzzer.
Above figure shows the sensor values and it can be made using IoT concepts.
This system is a step towards the digitalized world to make the Smart umbrella which will give the weather condition of that area using a WSN with audio output and will give alert in case of any unconditional weather with a buzzer and let us know what is unconditional as a audio output.
 “SMART UMBRELLA FOR SAFETY DIRECTIONS ON INTERNET OF THINGS” in 2017 IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics (ICCE) .
 S. Haga, A. Sano, Y. Sekine, H. Sato, S. Yamaguchi, K. Masuda, “EFFECTS OF USING A SMART PHONE ON PEDESTRIANS”, Attention and Walking. Procedia Manufacturing, vol. 3, pp. 2574-2580, 2015.
 S. Jeon, C. Lee, Y. Han, D. Seo, I. Jung, “MINT: MIDDLEWARE FOR COOPERATIVE INTERACTIONS OF THINGS”, 2016 IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics (ICCE), pp. 127-128, Jan.2016.