IoT based Smart Irrigation System using MSP432
Analyses parts of field using sensor nodesThis data is sent to the master node for uploading it to thingspeakSlave nodes consist of sensors and MSP430 controller and master node consist of the MSP432 controller and ESP8266 moduleSlave node and master node is connected wirelessly through ZigBee modulesIrrigation is done based on data received from sensors
Shipping: 4 to 8 working days from the date of purchase
Complete Hardware Kit
Demo Video-Embedded Below
PPT (20 Slides)
!!! Online Support !!!
10 in stock
Irrigation is a very important factor when it comes to industrial farming. Water is an expensive commodity when it comes to most of the places in the world. This paper proposes and implements a prototype automatic irrigation system with IoT. In this case, sensors are used to determine whether it is time to water the field or not by measuring different parameters. There are two nodes in this system one master node and one slave node. MSP432 is used as master node controller and MSP430 is used as a slave node controller. Master will coordinate and receive data from the slave node, the slave node is used for the sensing part so it is placed in the field. The slave will be given two sensor modules moisture sensor and DHT11 module. DHT11 can measure the temperature and humidity of the field. All these data are transmitted to the master using a ZigBee module. Master will receive all data and received data is uploaded to thingspeak for remote analysis. To connect masters MSP432 controller to the internet an ESP8266 WiFi module is used. Only the person who knows account information can log in to the account to see the output.
Considering the global temperature hikes in the past decade water has become a very precious commodity for the lifeline of farming. Every other process in farming has been automated according to the need of the process. Irrigation systems in most of the farms across the world still follow the same conventional periodic watering methods. This leads to inefficient use of water resources. This system proposed here rectifies this problem through analysis of the field based on different parameters such as temperature, humidity and soil moisture content. After analysis water is irrigated in a systematic way to avoid excess usage when not needed. In this system, the remote analysis is also possible through IoT.
- Pumps that will sprinkle water in a periodic manner
- No analysis is done to identify the most needed parts
- Manual or automated systems working periodically
- Manual irrigation technique
- Analyses parts of field using sensor nodes
- This data is sent to the master node for uploading it to thingspeak
- Slave nodes consist of sensors and MSP430 controller and master node consist of the MSP432 controller and ESP8266 module
- Slave node and the master node is connected wirelessly through ZigBee modules
- Irrigation is done based on data received from sensors
BLOCK DIAGRAM DESCRIPTION
- There are two nodes here sensor node and the main node
- Master is an MSP432 and slave is an MSP430
- Slave node uses DHT11 and a moisture sensor for measuring values
- The master node is connected to the internet through the ESP8266 module
- This module is connected serially to the controller
- Zigbee protocol is used for intercommunication between controllers
- Zigbee transceivers are connected serially to the controllers
Importance of controlled irrigations led to the idea of this project. It is very important to have such a system that will irrigate water according to the analysis made on the soil. The system here implemented has been tested and proved to be very helpful in determining the amount of water to different parts of the farm.