IoT based Smart Waste Management System using Arduino
₹10,618.00 Exc Tax
In this system, a 24×7 monitoring system is designed for monitoring dumpsters ,A smart and organized system is designed for selective clearing The ultrasonic sensor is used for measuring the level of waste in the dustbin , DC motor powered platform is used for segregating wet and dry waste ,IR sensor and moisture sensor is used for separating wet and dry waste .If either of the containers is full then an alert message is sent from the dustbin to employess and the cloud. In turn, employees can clear the corresponding dumpster .
Shipping: 4 to 8 working days from the date of purchase
Complete Hardware Kit
Demo Video-Embedded Below
PPT (20 Slides)
!!! Online Support !!!
6 in stock
In this paper, a system is introduced to manage waste in big cities effectively without having to monitor the parts 24×7 manually. Here the problem of unorganized and non-systematic waste collection is solved by designing an embedded IoT system that will monitor each dumpster individually for the amount of waste deposited. Here an automated system is provided for segregating wet and dry waste. A mechanical setup can be used for separating the wet and dry waste into separate containers here sensors can be used for separating wet and dry. For detecting the presence of any waste wet or dry can be detected using an IR sensor in the next step for detecting wet waste a moister sensor can be used. In this process, if only IR is detected motor will rotate in the direction of the dry waste container if both the sensor detects the waste then it will go to the wet container. Both these containers are embedded with ultrasonic sensors at the top, the ultrasonic sensor is used for measuring distance. This makes it possible to measure the amount of waste in the containers if one of the containers is full then an alert message will be sent to the corresponding person.
Today big cities around the world are facing a common problem, managing the city waste effectively without making city unclean. Today’s waste management systems involve a large number of employees being appointed to attend a certain number of dumpsters this is done every day periodically. This leads to a very inefficient and unclean system in which some dumpsters will be overflowing some dumpsters might not be even half full. This is caused by variation in population density in the city or some other random factor this makes it impossible to determine which part needs immediate attention. Here a waste management system is introduced in which each dumpster is embedded in a monitoring system that will notify the corresponding personal if the dumpster is full. In this system, it is also possible to separate wet and dry waste into two separate containers. This system provides an effective solution to the waste management problem
- Manual systems in which employees clear the dumpsters periodically
- No systematic approach towards clearing the dumpsters
- Unclear about the status of a particular location
- Employees are unaware of the need for a particular location
- Very less effective in cleaning city
- In this system, a 24×7 monitoring system is designed for monitoring dumpsters
- Here a smart and organized system is designed for selective clearing
- The ultrasonic sensor is used for measuring the level of waste in the dumpster
- DC motor powered platform is used for segregating wet and dry waste
- IR sensor and moisture sensor is used for separating wet and dry waste
- If either of the containers is full then an alert message is sent from the dumpster
- In turn, employees can clear the corresponding dumpster
- All these sensors are connected to an Arduino Uno board
- It can be used for controlling all mechanical setup based on current conditions
BLOCK DIAGRAM DESCRIPTION
- Ultrasonic sensor Sensors measure distances by using ultrasonic waves. The sensor emits an ultrasonic wave and receives the reflected wave back from the target.
- IR Sensor emits in order to sense some aspects of the surroundings.
- Moisture Sensor measures the volumetric water content in the soil. … Reflected microwave radiation is affected by the soil moisture and is used for remote sensing hydrology and agriculture.
- DC motor which is connected to the digital pins of Arduino
- We are using the serial monitor for the display
- Arduino Uno
- Ultrasonic Sensor
- IR Sensor
- Moister Sensor
- Dc Motor
- Arduino IDE
The above figure shows the graphical representation of levels of waste in both containers as uploaded to the thingspeak cloud. This page can be accessed by any person who has the username and password of the account.
This project is very effective in managing waste in any big city. Rather than using conventional periodic collection methods here priority system is used to the city is clean all the time without any overflowing dumpsters. It has been tested and verified properly to make sure all the different parts work together for a smooth function of the whole system.
There are no reviews yet.