Detection of Epilepsy is a very time consuming process, and requires constant clinical attention. So to avoid this we have designed an epilepsy alert system which takes the raw EEG signal, monitors the blood pressure and the accelerometer app to detect human fall detection. The design is done using MATLAB GUI
This epilepsy alarming system, has three components
- Wearable eeg device( with battery and bluetooth) - to detect seizures by detecting sharp changes in eeg
- Wearable bp and pulse apparatus ( with battery and bluetooth)- to detect sudden changes in bp and pulse.
- A common smart mobile with accelerometer with GPS- to detect sudden fall of mobile and person holding it.
- Application to receive alerts from all three devices and generate alert in the form of sms or sound .
- An SMS with location of the patient has to be sent to the care tracker.
Graphical User Interface of Matlab
In this project, Band device which has features of measuring Heartrate & Blood pressure is stripped in the wrist and Brainsense EEG Meauring device is wore in the head of the patient. Those sensors takes Patient parameter such as Heartrate, Blood Pressure & EEG from the patient and performs analyze for detecting the Epilepsy symptoms, and if it confirms the epilepsy presence, system check the patient fall detection by using accelerometer sensor of the patient mobile. If everything confirmed that patient caught epilepy by the body parameter abnormality confirmation as well as fall detection then the alert sms will be sent to the pre configured doctor number with their conditions, that they need help to take immediate action.
Fuzzy Rule Designer
In this project, complex system behaviors are modelled using simple logic rules using fuzzy designer, and then implement these rules in a fuzzy inference system.
- Brainsense or Neurosky Mindwave mobile
- Blood Pressure Sensor
- Android Smart phone
- Matlab 2018
By using this device, Monitoring of Epilepsy patient will be done accross 24/7. Any abnormalities will send the alert messages to the Doctor. Epilepsy is confirmed by the 4 main parameter such as EEG (Brain waves), Heart rate, Blood pressure and Fall detection to have better accuracy.