how to interface i2c adc with spartan3e
For interfacing I2C ADC with FPGA.
You need to connect SCL and SDA pins to FPGA. Also those pins must be pullup to vcc.
I2c Protocol work in similar formate.
1. You need to generate Serial CLock (SCL) from external clock to FPGA. SCL will be around 2-3 MHz.
2. Communication Start with HIGH-to-LOW transition of SDA when SCL is HIGH.
3. Send Address byte of Slave device ADC
4. Now ADC send Acknowledgement by Pulldown SDA line.
5. Now FPGA receive data bytes from ADC and FPGA Acknowledge ADC.
6. Receive data byte again and again with acknowledgement.
7. Communication Stop with LOW-to-HIGh transition of SDA when SCL is HIGH.
If you feel it is very difficult to communicate with I2C ADC interface. You can use SPI ADC with FPGA interface.
Source Code provided for ADC.
ADC Based Project
My name is Rajesh and I have purchased one spartan 3a stick baord from pantech solutions. I want to interface eeprom. Please send the your example for i2c eeprom for spartan 3a fpga board on the email id only email@example.com. Its urgent