Raspberry Pi Based License Plate Recognition using OpenCV, Python
License Plate Recognition can be used to recognizing the vehicles in different places such as Toll Gates and Traffic signals This system uses Raspberry Pi
Shipping : 4 to 8 working days from the Date of purchase
Complete Hardware Kit
Demo Video-Embedded Below
PPT (20 Slides)
!!! Online Support !!!
100 in stock
Automatic vehicle license plate recognition is an important component of modern intelligent transportation systems (ITS). Generally vehicle license plate recognition is divided into several steps including license plate extraction, image region which contains a license plate, character segmentation, and character recognition. Automatic license plate recognition system using Camera mounted over the exposure system image of the license plate is captured and the image is processed to extract the license number. The extracted information can be used with or without a database in many applications, such as electronic payment systems toll payment, parking fee payment, and freeway and arterial monitoring systems for traffic surveillance. If a vehicle tries to cross traffic rules, its license number is extracted and information regarding the offense along with the license plate no is sent to the Traffic Control Section for further legal actions to be taken. An alarm is raised to inform the on field policeman about the offense. It should also be generalized to process license plates from different nations, provinces, or states.
In the existing system video monitoring only possible in a particular area through camera. Here we can’t extract particular information.
Automatic license plate recognition system using Camera image of the license plate is captured and the image is processed to extract the license number with Raspberry pi.
- High Efficient
- High accuracy
- Automatic process
Block diagram description
In this block diagram the whole system is controlled by Arm11 processor and this processor is implemented on Raspberry Pi Board. so this board is connected with monitor, camera, SD card and IP connected through LAN. Those all components are connected by USB adaptors. Raspberry pi is the key element in processing module which keeps on monitors vehicles by interfacing camera in that applicable area. Using that camera Raspberry pi extract the number. The extracted information can be used for further verification.
- Raspberry pi
- USB adaptors
- SD card
- Wheezy Raspian
- Tollpayment applications
- Parking fee applications
- Traffic sureillance applications
1. Muhammad Tahir Qadri, Muhammad Asif, “Automatic Number Plate Recognition System for Vehicle Identification Using Optical Character Recognition” IEEE 2009
2. Optasia System Pte Ltd, “The World Leader in License Plate Recognition Technology” Sourced from:www.singaporegateway.com/optasia, Accessed 22 November 2008.
3. V. Kasmat, and S. Ganesan, “An efficient implementation of the Hough transform for detecting vehicle license plate using Technology and Application Symposium Chicago, USA, pp. 58-59,2005.
4. S.H. Park, K.I. Kim, K. Jung and H.J. Kim, “Locating car license plate using Neural Network,” Electronics Letters, Vol. 35, No.17 ,pp. 1474-1477,1999.
5. K.K. KIM, K.I., KIM, J.B KIM, and H.J. KIM, “Learning- Based Approach for License Plate Recognition” Proceeding of IEEE Signal Processing Society Workshop, Vol. 2, pp 614- 623, 2000.