To Implement the FIR High pass filter using TMS320C6745 KIT.
In signal processing, a finite impulse response (FIR) filter is a filter whose impulse response (or response to any finite length input) is of finite duration, because it settles to zero in finite time. This is in contrast to infinite impulse response (IIR) filters, which may have internal feedback and may continue to respond indefinitely (usually decaying).
The impulse response of an Nth-order discrete-time FIR filter (i.e., with a Kronecker delta impulse input) lasts for N + 1 samples, and then settles to zero.
The output y of a linear time invariant system is determined by convolving its input signal x with its impulse response b.
For a discrete time FIR filter, the output is a weighted sum of the current and a finite number of previous values of the input. The operation is described by the following equation, which defines the output sequence y[n] in terms of its input sequence x[n]:
x [n] is the input signal,
y [n] is the output signal,
bi are the filter coefficients, also known as tap weights, that make up the impulse response,
N is the filter order; an N th-order filter has ( N + 1 ) terms on the right-hand side. The x[n - i] in these terms are commonly referred to as taps, based on the structure of a tapped delay line that in many implementations or block diagrams provides the delayed inputs to the multiplication operations. One may speak of a 5th order/6-tap filter, for instance.
1. Open Code Composer Studio v4 .
2. In WorkSpace Launcher.
3. FILE ⇒ NEW ⇒ CCS PROJECT
5. Paste the following board library files in workspace location.
6. Paste the Linker file in the project location.(linker file is available in cd)
Note: Those folders and linker file are availble at cd.
7. PROJECT ⇒ PROPERTIES ⇒ C/C++ BUILD → BASIC OPTION
8. FILE ⇒ NEW ⇒ TARGET CONFIGURATION FILE
9. In C/C++ Project window, Right click the project ⇒ REBUILD PROJECT.
11. TARGET ⇒ DEBUG ACTIVE PROJECT.
12. TARGET ⇒ RUN.(wait few seconds)
13. TARGET ⇒ HALT.(AUTO halt)
14. Output is displayed at Console Window.
Thus, the FIR High pass filter was Implemented and displayed the results in console window.
we respect your privacy.