VI Characteristics of TRIAC
To Study and verify VI characteristic of TRIAC.
- VI Characteristics of TRIAC kit.
- Patch chords.
- Power card.
- Connections are made as shown in the circuit diagram.
- Switch on Kit observe whether meter are reading 0.
- Set both voltages to minimum position, and then switch on SPDT.
- Increase VAK voltage to maximum position.
- Now slowly increase the voltage across VGK at certain voltage SCR is turned on stop varying the voltage at that point.
Note: It may turn on around 3V.
- Then reduce the voltage VAK to minimum position, don’t vary the VGK and Switch off SPDT.
- Now Switch on SPDT then note down the readings.
- Now vary VAK voltage slowly, correspondingly note down the VAK and IA readings and plot the graph.
- Repeat from step 2 for another value of gate current IG.
If the connections are made wrong the kit may get damaged. Please switch off the kit when not in use
IG = ………………….mA