To construct and analysis of DC Chopper circuit.
- DC Chopper kit - 1 Nos
- Patch cards - Required Nos
- Power card - 1 Nos
- CRO - 1 Nos
- Time (X) Axis : 5ms/div
- Voltage (Y) Axis: 20V/div
- Probe : 1:10 CRO Probe is suitable one.
- Ensure the 230V Power Supply is in proper with Tester.
- Ensure the CRO is working properly with probe checking and proper ground line axis.
- The connections are made as per the circuit diagram given above.
- The R Load must be 60W bulb or 200ohm/2A Rheostat. The Load is 120mH/2A.
- When the load is Rheostat, then it must be in maximum position.
- Turn on the SW2 and observe the waveform across between G1&K1 and G2&K2. And ensure it is like triggering pulse given in model graph.
- Turn ON SW1 and observe the waveform across the R load and RL Load.
- Measure the X-axis time interval of ON time of Load Voltage and OFF Time of Load Voltage.
- Adjust the value of Firing angle and note down the load voltage and current
- Repeat the step 6.
- Repeat the experiment for different values of VGS and note down Vo.
*If the connections are made wrong the kit may get damaged.