To construct and test the performance of a Basic Series inverter using SCR.
- Trainer kit- basic series inverter -1 No
- Patch Chords - Sufficient Nos
- CRO - 1 No
- 10:1 CRO Probe - 1 No
- Time (X) Axis : 5ms/div
- Voltage (Y) Axis: 20V/div
- Probe: 1:10 CRO Probe is suitable one.
- Ensure the 230V Power Supply is in proper with Tester.
- Ensure the CRO is working properly with probe checking and proper ground line axis.
- Switch ON SW2 and observe the pulse across the Triggering Pulse.
- Switch ON SW1 and observe the DC Voltage across Vs.
- Then Switch off SW1 and SW2.
- The connections are made as per the circuit diagram given above.
- When the load is Rheostat, then it must be in maximum position.
- Turn on the SW2 and observe the waveform across between G1&K1 and G2&K2. And ensure it is like triggering pulse given in model graph.
- Turn ON SW1 and observe the waveform across the R load.
- Measure the X-axis time interval of ON time of Load Voltage and OFF Time of Load Voltage.
- Adjust the value of Firing angle and note down the load voltage
- Repeat the step 5.
- Repeat the experiment for different values of α and note down Vo.
*If the connections are wrong the kit will get damage.
*Please switch off the Kit when not in use.
a. PULSE for SCR
b. Across SCR
c. Output across Load
Total time (T)(ms)
SCR Off time(ms)
F= 1/T Where,
F is output frequency,
T is total time period (i.e) 360o
F= 1/ (5*10-3)