The Papilio One is a powerful, open-source, expandable development board perfect for the design and prototyping of your unique ideas. You can customize the capabilities of the Papilio with snap-on modular expansions called Wings (similar to Arduino shields) which provide added functionality to the board, and simultaneously expand the creative possibilities!
At its heart, the Papilio One has a Xilinx Spartan 3E FPGA chip, providing a plentiful amount of digital logic to quickly get your prototyping off the ground. In addition, you can code for the FPGA using established development tools, or you can use Gadget Factory's custom Arduino IDE to easily write Arduino code and upload it to the AVR8 soft processor!
- Fully Assembled with a Xilinx Spartan 3E and 4Mbit SPI Flash Memory
- Provides an Easy Introduction to FPGA, Digital Electronics, and System on a Chip design
- Easily add New Functionality with Wings that Snap onto the Board
- Two-Channel USB Connection for JTAG and Serial Communications
- Four Independent Power Rails at 5V, 3.3V, 2.5V, and 1.2V
- Power Supplied by a Power Connector or USB
- Input Voltage (recommended): 6.5-15V
- 48 I/O lines!
The Open Source Papilio Pro LX9 FPGA board is a powerful and flexible platform that provides the core for exciting projects such as the RetroCade Synth and the Papilio Arcade. It acts as the empty canvas that classic audio chips and arcade motherboards can be recreated on. Its flexible nature means that it can be re-used with future Papilio projects by simply purchasing the MegaWing portion of a project.
- Xilinx Spartan 6 LX9 FPGA
- 64Mbit (8MByte) SDRAM
- High Speed USB port for programming and communication
- ZPUino Soft Processor
- MOS 6581 (I.E. C64 SID)