To perform the DFT process from a given discrete sequence in TMS320C5505 KIT.
The sequence of N complex numbers x0, ..., xN−1 is transformed into another sequence of N complex numbers according to the DFT formula:
It transforms one function into another, which is called the frequency domain representation, or simply the DFT, of the original function (which is often a function in the time domain).
The DFT requires an input function that is discrete. Such inputs are often created by sampling a continuous function, such as a person's voice. The discrete input function must also have a limited (finite) duration, such as one period of a periodic sequence or a windowed segment of a longer sequence. Unlike the discrete time Fourier transform (DTFT), the DFT only evaluates enough frequency components to reconstruct the finite segment that was analyzed. The inverse DFT cannot reproduce the entire time domain, unless the input happens to be periodic. Therefore it is often said that the DFT is a transform for Fourier analysis of finite-domain discrete-time functions.
1. Open Code Composer Studio v4 .
2. In WorkSpace Launcher.
3. FILE ⇒ NEW ⇒ CCS PROJECT
4.FILE ⇒ NEW ⇒ SOURCE FILE
5. Paste the following board library files in workspace location.
6. Paste the Linker file in the project location.(linker file is available in cd)
Note: Those folders and linker file are availble at cd.
7. PROJECT ⇒ PROPERTIES ⇒ C/C++ BUILD ⇒ BASIC OPTION
8. FILE ⇒ NEW ⇒ TARGET CONFIGURATION FILE
9. In C/C++ Project window, Right click the project ⇒ REBUILD PROJECT.
10. Connections :
11. TARGET ⇒ DEBUG ACTIVE PROJECT.
12. TARGET ⇒ RUN.(wait few seconds)
13. TARGET ⇒ HALT.
14. Output is displayed at Console Window.
Thus, the DFT process was performed and displayed the results in console window.
we respect your privacy.