This blog post summarize VI Characteristics of MOSFET
- VI Characteristics of MOSFET kit.
- Patch cards.
- Power card.
Circuit Diagram for VI Characteristics of MOSFET
Procedure of VI Characteristics of MOSFET
- Ensure the 230V Power Supply is in proper with Tester.
- Check the input supply of the kit and off the switches of the kit.
Mimic Diagram for VI Characteristics of MOSFET
1. Transfer Characteristics
- Connections are made as shown in the circuit diagram.
- Switch on SW2 observe whether meter are reading 0.
- Set both voltages to minimum position, and then switch on SW1.
- Increase VDS voltage to maximum position.
- Now slowly increase the voltage across VGS and note down the VGS and ID value and plot graph. Note: MOSFET turns on around 4V.
- Repeat from step 2 for another value of drain voltage VDS.
Note: If the connections are made wrong the kit may get damaged. Please switch off the kit when not in use.