The multilevel inverter generates multiple step voltage waveform with variable and controllable frequency, phase and amplitude. This Inverter is used for high power and power quality demanding applications. The number of step will be increased in the output, the losses will be reduced. The different types of Multilevel inverters are shown below.
- Cascaded Multilevel Inverter
- DSP Based Multilevel Inverter
- Fifteen level Cascaded Inverter
- Transformer Based Multilevel Inverter
- Five Level Quasi Z-Source Multilevel Inverter
- Arduino Based Multilevel Inverter
- Novel Seven Level Inverter
- Fifteen Level Inverter With Reduced Number of Components
- Multilevel Inverter by Employing SEPIC Converter
- New Five Level Active Neutral Point Clamped Converter
1. Cascaded Multilevel Inverter
The cascaded multilevel inverter is known as two or more inverter outputs are connected in series connection. And produce the multilevel output range depends on the input voltage ranges (+2v, +v, 0, -v, -2v). This cascaded Multilevel Inverter has different types. There are,
- Five Level Cascaded Multilevel Inverter
- Seven Level Cascaded Multilevel Inverter
- Nine Level Cascaded Multilevel Inverter
1. Five Level Cascaded Multilevel Inverter
This five level cascaded multilevel inverter output waveform is obtain by using the two h-bridge inverters. And this h-bridge inverters are connected in cascade connection.
2. Seven Level Cascaded Multilevel Inverter
The seven level output is produced this novel seven level multilevel inverter by using PIC controller. This multilevel inverter is producing the seven level of output.
3. Nine Level Cascaded Multilevel Inverter
In normal nine level inverter needs 4 H-bridge inverters. For this nine level multilevel inverter needs 2 inverters only. So number of switches will be reduced, so switching losses will be reduced.
2. DSP Based Multilevel Inverter
3. Fifteen Level Cascaded Multilevel InverterClick here for Video Demo
This project is produce the fifteen level output using three h- bridge inverter. The fifteen level inverter produce 15 level so harmonics will be reduced and power switches will be reduced.
4. Transformer Based Multilevel Inverter
This project can be produce nine level output by using transformer topology. It consists of two H-bridges fed from single DC source. It producing nine level AC output waveform.
5. Five Level Quasi Z-Source Multilevel InverterClick here for Video Demo
This project has two h-bridge inverter. The input voltage is boosted by using the quasi z source circuit. Boosted dc voltage is applied to the inverter circuit, this project is used for renewable energy sources.
6. Arduino Based Multilevel Inverter
The Arduino based multilevel inverter is producing the seven level output waveform. The Arduino controller is used to generate the PWM pulses and applied to driver circuit. The driver circuit is isolate and amplify the input signal.
7. Novel Seven Level Inverter
This seven level inverter is produce the seven level output by using DSP controller ( TMS320F2812 Starter Kit ). This DSP controller is used to generate the PWM pulses for this project.
8. Fifteen Level Inverter With Reduced Number of ComponentsClick here for Video Demo
In normal fifteen level inverter has 6 electrical sources and 6 h-bridge inverters, so switching losses is increased. The switching losses and harmonics will be reduced by using this project. And also reduce the power switches.
9. Multilevel Inverter By Employing SEPIC Converter
The five level cascaded multilevel inverter producing the 5 level output by employing sepic converter. The SEPIC converter is converts low voltage dc to high voltage dc voltage and the dc voltage is applied to multilevel inverter circuit.
10. New Five Level Active Neutral Point Clamped Converter
This new five level active neutral point clamped converter is producing the five level inverter output and this converter is based on cascaded H-bridge inverter and various topologies.